Stock Trends symbols and indicator values are used to quickly and visually communicate the results of our moving average trend analysis.
BEARISH Price Trends
Bearish Crossover (aka 'Newly Bearish')
· The stock’s Trend Category has changed from BULLISH to BEARISH. The 13-week MA, which was above the 40-week MA a week previous, has now moved below it. A stock exhibiting this Trends Symbol is in the 1st week of its new BEARISH Trend Category.
· Trading implications: generally considered a trade exit signal.
Bearish (aka 'Strong Bearish')
· The closing price is below the upper limit of the 13-week MA envelope (i.e. less than 13-week moving average price + 3%). This indicates that the short-term bearish trend of the stock’s price remains relatively strong.
· Trading implication: generally considered a negative signal for holding. Trade exit signals already triggered.
The closing price is above the upper limit of the 13-week MA envelope (i.e. greater than 13-week moving average price + 3%). This indicates that the short-term bearish trend is weakening, and will result in a Bullish Crossover m at some point unless the stock’s price falters below the 13-week MA envelope.
· Trading implication: generally considered an alert that the bearish trend has abated and that often implies a trade entry signal.